iPad, iPhone, notebook, Netbook: A gadget glut?

by Brooke Crothers

What is the tipping point for having too many gadgets? Well, it depends.

First, let me count the ways I can be connected: a couple of MacBooks, an iPad 3G, an iPhone 3GS, an old HP tower, and, if I need it, a BlackBerry Storm 2 (though Wi-Fi access only for the BlackBerry, as I recently discontinued service). That covers most of what I use everyday. (And I know people that add a Netbook to a similar mix of devices.)

Of course, I got to this state of excess voluntarily. Nobody held a gun to my head. That said, on most days--in myriad ways I won't go into here--this entourage of devices enhances productivity and sustains the computer-related hobbies I have.
But on the bad days it's get-thee-to-an-IT-department--at least, that's the feeling. Compounding glitches can hit critical mass in minutes.

Read the complete article on CNET.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tweens get savvy with gadgets

Fujitsu Eyes Wireless Gadget Charging for 2012

A Galaxy seizing the planet